Whatsapp Marketing ?
First of all before discussing whatsapp marketing we need to understand marketing ?
Marketing in short is basically promotion of products.Selling goods and purchasing them online is part of marketing basically promoting your business online or offline is known as marketing. Promoting business offline is an old form of marketing .
New era is of online marketing which includes social marketing,Email Marketing,Social marketing and among all whatsapp marketing is said to best.Whatsapp was founded by Brain Acton and Jan koum.It has near about 1.5 billion active users today.
Now question arises why whatsapp MArketing is important for business?
whatsapp marketing has become so important for business due to the following reasons……
1.Reaching Larger Audiences..
2.For launching Campaigns
3. large number of growing users worldwide
whatspp is among top social messengers around the world.
5. whatsapp has variety of features
- Catch up on group chats and more..
- delete messages to “unsend” mistakes
- Check which chat are using up storage space.
- Share your live location
- Set a whatsapp status
- Two factor authentication
- Change whatsapp number and save data
5. for Customer support
Whatsapp marketing for business plays a big role as it provides customer support and allows them to give reviews and ratings of products and also helps in order confirmation as bookmyshow.com gives a confirmation message to the user on whatsapp for allotment of seats they have booked on whatsapp for any movie or event.
You can learn all these strategies of whatsapp marketing by start making your carrier in digital marketing from one of the best institute in delhi i.e koderey techstack
17 interesting facts about whatsapp
- WhatsApp founded in 2009 by former Yahoo! employees Brian Acton and Jan Koum
- Sequoia Capital invested $8 million in 2011
- 70% of users are active on a daily basis
- WhatsApp says they are adding 1 million users everyday.
- They currently employ 50 people
- 32 engineers working on WhatsApp, i.e. one engineer is responsible for 14 million active users!!
- 400 million active users in December
- Rising to 450 million active users according to Facebook’s press release
- The app is the 5th most downloaded app on Android
- WhatsApp doesn’t sell ads and zero have appeared on the app
- Twitter and Facebook had the chance to hire founder Brian Acton but didn’t!
- The total value of the deal: $19 Billion ($4 billion in cash, $12 billion in stock, and $3 billion in restricted stock)
- $1 Billion Break-up fee should the deal not go through.
- Jan Koum keeps a note from Brian taped to his desk that reads “No Ads! No Games! No Gimmicks!” To keep them focused on building a pure messaging experience.
- WhatsApp spent ZERO cash on marketing, PR and user acquisition
- WhatsApp’s messaging volume is approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume
- On Dec 31st 2013 users sent a total 54 billion messages during the day (3x increase from 2012)